I've been hoping to write this for a while, its not a very exciting project so I've been working on this when I'm tired.
its a bit unusual, nodejs-blosxom, ~400 lines of coffescript. this is very much a work in progress, I'd advise you to use it as inspiration more then as a code you run. templates related to my own homepage are included in the repo. might move them laters.
- each post is a markdown file (maybe I should check out ORG mode files?)
- posts are in a git repo, so they can be written offline and synced with the web later
- I wanted something like google plus circles, with restricted tags for particular people
- implicit tagging by placement .md posts in folders
- explicit tagging/metadata for a particular post by adding a JSON line as a first line in a file
- tag filtering
- rss for arbitrary tag combination
- full set operations on tags
- think about collapsing large posts when they are initially displayed..
- also, don't render ALL matching posts, do the next/prev button thing.
- saving of blog post metadata JSON back to files
- color private tags differently
- wiki (some way to link to other posts or tags (just extend the markdown?))
things to figure out
- something super light for image galleries, I want to rsync images.. might implement this myself. flickr doesn't suck anymore, might hook into flickr?
- I want to extend the markdown renderer in order to be able to include things like youtube videos or my own images/galleries
- social network publishing - ifttt.com - I'll just use the rss.
at some point
- implement tag equalities and implications, for example music is always audio but audio is not always music, audio is always sound though.
- posts that are related to geographical location + geo search/map display.. I'd use this to mark interesting places, track trip progress and such